Wanted - Associate Attorney
Seeking an experienced and all-around awesome Associate Attorney.
- Drafting Requests for Order; correspondence to opposing counsel and parties; discovery requests and responses; Marital Settlement Agreements; etc.;
- Attending court hearings on all family law related motions. Our ideal candidate will have independently conducted hearings on the following issues: child custody and visitation, child support, spousal support (F.C. § 4320 trial experience a plus), attorney’s fees, Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, and property control/division/sale issues. You will also be responsible for attending trials as either a first-chair or second-chair, depending on experience;
- Conducting in-office Voluntary Settlement Conferences, typically with all parties and counsel present;
- Taking or defending depositions;
- Running child and spousal support calculations and property division reports (we use the CFLR Dissomaster/Propertizer suite);
- Conducting legal research (we use Westlaw Next);
- Managing family law cases from start to finish – including seeing dissolution cases from Petition through Judgment;
- Speaking directly with clients, either in-person, on the phone, or through our cloud-based client portal; and
- Working directly with the paralegals assigned to your cases. A successful Associate manages his/her cases with the help of the paralegal. You will be expected to meet often with the paralegal to keep tasks on track and ensure the case is moving forward.
The Nuts & Bolts
- Juris Doctorate from accredited law school;
- Admitted to practice law in the State of California. Must have no record of discipline and be in good standing;
- Current on all continuing education requirements;
- Minimum of 2 years of family law practice experience, 4-5 years preferred;
- You must know how to use basic support calculation programs (i.e. Dissomaster, XSpouse) and property division programs (i.e. Propertizer, Family Law Software).
Team Bennett Benefits
- Unlimited Paid Time Off: We expect our team members to deliver exceptional results to our clients, and we reward that hard work by giving them unparalleled flexibility. We know high-performing legal professionals excel when they are healthy, happy, and well-rested. That’s why we allow our full-time employees to take as much time off as needed to do their best work;
- Party Like It’s Your Birthday: Walking into work on your birthday? Whomp, whomp. At Bennett & Bennett, we offer PTO for every team member on their birthday. So hit the beach, relax at the spa, chill at a winery – we don’t care what you do, just don’t come to work!
- 401(k) Plan: We offer a generous 401(k) program with employer matching;
- Health Insurance: Our firm provides premium health insurance with full medical and vision benefits;
- We LOVE our Team: What can we say? We really like each other! From quarterly team-building events (think, stand-up-paddleboarding and go-cart racing), to Friday champagne toasts, we are always looking for opportunities to kick off our shoes and have some fun.
- To apply, please submit the following via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A cover letter and your resume, in PDF format;
- Three writing samples, including a trial brief and Memorandum of Points and Authorities;
- List of references;
- Your compensation expectations.
- Myers-Briggs Personality Type
- StrengthsFinder Top–5 Strengths Report (optional)
- Kolbe A Index Assessment (optional)
Let's conneted. Follows us on social networks.