Wanted - Paralegal
Seeking an experienced and all-around awesome Family Law Paralegal
The Nuts & Bolts
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Paralegal certificate with all continuing education requirements met;
- 5+ years California paralegal experience in family law and/or probate (significant family law experience preferred, extensive civil litigation experience will be considered);
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Polished and professional manner and appearance;
- Excellent attendance record;
- Providing outstanding customer service to Clients, vendors and business affiliates;
- Proficient in MS Word; Essential Forms, Legal Solutions and/or LawYaw;
- Strong typing skills;
- Dissomaster/XSpouse, Propertizer a plus;
- Preparation and organization of case pleadings, notes and legal documents relating to Family Law, Guardianships, Conservatorships, Wills, Trusts and civil discovery matters;
- Knowledge of local practices, court forms, rules and filing procedures;
- Ability to maintain attorney calendars and scheduling;
- Preparing attorneys for hearings and trials;
- Conducts oneself as a career professional (not just an ordinary “job”); and
- Knowledge and use of Apple (iMac) computers, iPhones, iPads a plus.
Team Bennett Benefits
- Unlimited Paid Time Off: We expect our team members to deliver exceptional results to our clients, and we reward that hard work by giving them unparalleled flexibility. We know high-performing legal professionals excel when they are healthy, happy, and well-rested. That’s why we allow our full-time employees to take as much time off as needed to do their best work;
- Party Like It’s Your Birthday: Walking into work on your birthday? Whomp, whomp. At Bennett & Bennett, we offer PTO for every team member on their birthday. So hit the beach, relax at the spa, chill at a winery – we don’t care what you do, just don’t come to work!
- 401(k) Plan: We offer a generous 401(k) program with employer matching;
- Health Insurance: Our firm provides premium health insurance with full medical and vision benefits;
- We LOVE our Team: What can we say? We really like each other! From quarterly team-building events (think, stand-up-paddleboarding and go-cart racing), to Friday champagne toasts, we are always looking for opportunities to kick off our shoes and have some fun.
- To apply, please submit the following via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A cover letter and your resume, in PDF format;
- List of references;
- Your compensation expectations.
- Myers-Briggs Personality Type